Elements of Style
* Try something that's "not you" once in a while.
* Adapt trends so that they work for you--and adapt is the key word
here. A plaid minikilt isn't for everyone, for example. But if you love
the look, try a longer plaid skirt.
* Hold on to a few of your favorite outdated pieces. You never know!
* Add a couple of stylish, inexpensive things to your wardrobe each season.
* Force yourself to wear something for somebody else.
* Dress like a teenager.
* Mix two seasons in one outfit.
* Wear really casual shorts or beach sandals on dress-down Fridays.
Wear black with navy. Trust us! Both of them also go with...
* cream * white * beige * brown
...and the combinations are timelessly elegant.
Don't wear too many colors at once.
If you find an inexpensive, basic item that fits well, buy it in several colors.
15 May, 2008
Posted by Maria